SVC Community mourns loss of student Robert Dross

Robert George Brett Dross, 21, a resident of Jackson Cross Road in Pownal, VT died Thursday February 1, 2018 from injuries sustained in an automobile accident in Pownal, VT.

He was born in Brooklyn, New York July 29, 1996. He was the son of the late Ronald Mark Dross and Angela J. Walsh who survives. He graduated from Mount Anthony Union High School in 2016 and had been taking classes at Southern Vermont College.

While in high school Robert worked at Evans News in Bennington. He also worked at Hannaford, Jolley’s and most recently at Carbone’s in Bennington a job that he really enjoyed.

He was a member of the Pownal Valley Fire Department where he started as a Junior Fire Fighter at the age of 16. He enjoyed giving back to his community. He loved his car, video games, loud music and being around his friends. He was a social butterfly.

Survivors include his mother and her fiance, Angela Walsh and Joseph Rivera of Pownal; a brother Ryan Dross of Pownal and two sisters, Ashley R. Finkelstein of Pownal and Samantha Dross of Staten Island, NY; His maternal grandmother Joan Walsh of Pownal and his paternal grandmother, Rona Dross of Brooklyn, NY along with several aunts, uncles and cousins.

Friends may call at the Mahar and Son Funeral Home on Tuesday February 6, 2018 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.

The funeral will be held from the Pownal Methodist Church on Wednesday February 7, at 11:00 a.m. A reception will follow the service at the Pownal Valley Firehouse Center Station.

The entombment will take place in Park Lawn Chapel with the burial to take place in the family lot at Oak Hill Cemetery in the spring.

If friends desire contributions in memory of Robert may be made to the Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington to help the family with expenses through the office of the Mahar and Son Funeral Home 628 Main St. Bennington, VT 05201. Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net

All fire department members are requested to meet at the Mahar and Son Funeral Home on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. to pay their respects to the family.

Obituary obtained from Mahar Funeral Home, full link can be found here.

Another report can be found on the Bennington Banner website here.

Photo courtesy of Facebook