9 Tips for “Newbies”

9 Tips for Newbies

Nine Tips For “Newbies”

1. Keep extra snacks and microwavable meals in your dorm room. This is for when you don’t have time to go to the dining hall, or you don’t like what they’re having.

2. Call your parents/family/friends from home every so often. It is important to maintain your relationships outside of SVC, and it will mean a lot to them as well.

3. Get an umbrella if you haven’t already. Trust me; you will at some point have to walk in the rain, and I know I would much rather be under an umbrella during those times.

4. Don’t spend your entire summer savings in one semester. I know a few of us that have made this mistake, so please budget your money., Yyou will be grateful next semester.

5. Work, but don’t overwork. It is important to have a job, but you need to make sure that you are leaving time for academics, as well as making time to hangout with friends.

6. If you have a car on campus, don’t risk parking in places you can’t, such as the mansion. Campus Safety will give you a ticket, and you will not be happy about it.

7. Use your Mountain Money before the end of the spring semester! You can’t save it for next year, so use it at Jazzman’s Cafe in the mansion, or at the Cave in Hunter Hall.

8. Talk to the person sitting next to you; I’m sure they want to make friends just as much as you do.

9. Make sure you don’t have any prohibited items in your dorm room. During room inspections you will get caught, and could possibly be  fined. It’s not worth it!