Have you met Julia Florence?

Julia Florence (Radiologic Science, Class of 2018) is from Salem, Massachusetts. She graduated from Salem High School where she started playing volleyball her freshman year and also played a year on her club team, North Shore Thunder. Florence is a transfer student from Rhode Island College (RIC), who came to Southern Vermont College (SVC) for the Radiologic Science program to pursue a career in Rad-Tech. She wants to find a job in the Boston area after she graduates from SVC.

When asked what made her transfer here, she replied, “I had heard many things about the Rad-Tech program here at SVC and I also liked how small the classroom size is. It gives me the opportunity to get one-on-one time with my professors so I can understand clearly what it is we are talking about.”

Florence joined the volleyball team because she thought it would be a great way to meet new people and not be the “new person in town”. Florence then added, “At first I thought everyone was going to stare at me because I was a transfer, but being on the team has made me feel welcomed and has offered me the chance to meet a great group of girls.” When asked how her team picks each other up, she replied with, “We always goof around, making fun of ourselves and each other, and that usually works.”