Need More Sleep?

I barely sleep. I spend on average 6-8 hours studying or doing homework. I barely have time for myself let alone sleep.

Students go to college not realizing how it really is. I think that people need to take a closer look at how early mornings and late nights actually feels like. Students that attend college spend most of their time on homework or studying and less on sleep. However one study I came across said that students spend more time sleeping than on homework or studying. This is very untrue coming from me, a junior in college that is also working to pay the bills at the same time.

Although we as humans need to sleep, it is hard to get sleep when we have so much going on. Several students come to college thinking it will be fun and games. Maybe they get to room with friends or people that they get along with and get to play a sport that they have been playing for so long. But what some students don’t understand is that with all those decisions of coming to college and playing a sport there comes responsibilities and commitments.

Some of those commitments and responsibilities are to dedicate yourself to your studies and to dedicate your time to the team and practice. Many students need to wake up and realize that college is not high school and that you have a responsibility to keep your grades up. In college, you will not get a phone call home when you are failing a class; no one will make sure that you’re studying.

But I want to help you get some sleep. Some tips are to talk to upperclassmen and ask them how they manage their time wisely. We all know with lack of sleep comes illness. Secondly, do not start a project the night before it’s due, where it will keep you up all night. The last tip I can give you is to see an SVC tutor for anything that you’re having trouble understanding. An easy way to get the information about a tutor is to go to the campus library, and ask at the main desk for an appointment it’s free.