Transfer Student Life

My third year of college is starting off just like any other year; stressing, running around, and trying to find classes. Also, figuring out what classes you need to be on track to get your degree you’ve worked so hard for.  When I had to register for classes, this same mishap happened to me the night before the first day of classes started. I’ll be taking classes to achieve my goal and receive my Bachelors in Psychology. I am a transfer student from Hudson Valley Community College where I received an associates in science for Criminal Justice. I decided that I was going to be attending SVC about fourteen days before it was time for me to move in. I also took a year off of college, and hopping right back into the swing of things was a little overwhelming. I paid the down payment so I could move in the night before Move In Day. I had to resign from my job with less than two weeks notice, because school was starting so soon. There was a whole transition when I had to pack my things from home and get comfortable on campus which was nothing like home. I was so rushed and flustered with everything. I settled well and started classes without textbooks, blind to what I was getting myself into. This is also my first year living on campus so that was something that I had to adapt to quickly. I left home so confidently but also scared because I knew I was officially alone with all the decisions I had to make. I’m loving the school and the people around me and overall have been having a great time living on campus!